Thursday, February 28, 2013

What's Your Story?

140 years ago, the equivalent to “two, 70 year old ladies living and dying back to back,” you could have paid someone about $350 to own me. True story. (Yeah, good for you maybe :) Seriously, though…it’s close in time. And because my parents are among the first generation of our family to move out of a small town in Alabama since the end of American slavery and I still hear the stories, it feels closer.



Louis CK reminded me of how close in time we are so I wanted to add him to the curation for HIPPO Reads, an awesome start-up Phone App for literature. Like Ted Talks for your phone.



My co-curator, Athena Lark really brings it home with her critical essay, “Portraits of American Slavery.” And the editing prowess of Kaitlin Solimine is wonderful. Go to www.hipporeads.com and see what I said about Louis CK. It's short. Promise. xo                                      
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment