Wednesday, May 15, 2013

OH MY GOSH! L.A. WEEKLY!

So…I was standing there with Baby Boy’s barf on my arm (apparently he’s allergic to waffles) when my phone rang and I picked it up, listened, and said, “OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!” Then, the second thing I said was a more sheepish, “Um…How do you know me?”

Today, I am still beyond belief and honored…No, beyond honored, to be recognized and named by L.A.’s Premiere entertainment magazine, L.A. WEEKLY, as a 2013 person of interest in their annual “People Issue” which celebrates artists, entertainers and visionaries who are helping to shape the city of L.A. I’ve been recognized for my work in law, as a writer, and a community servant. And I have to say, they treated me like a rock star. Not only that, the company in this Issue is amazing and includes the smoking hotness that is Tyrese Gibson, L.A. Poet Laureate Eloise Klein Healy, and actor/Star Trek superstar George Takei (I am a Trekkie, eeee!) Completely, totally, utterly humbled.

I hope you’ll check out the issue, or go directly to my interview or pick up a copy on the newsstand tomorrow, May 16th!

Thanks, y’all! And special thanks to The Last Bookstore for allowing us to do the shoot in your amazing space. Most of all, THANK YOU L.A. Weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment